Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Whole Foods Market's Healthy Trends For 2016

Whole Foods Market has identified Healthy Trends for 2016 which ranges from exploring seasonal produce (think of all the varieties of apples or even sweet potatoes), biodynamic farming which is a holistic approach to organic farming, plant based desserts and unexpected foods, like yogurt! Meat trends including antibiotic free animal farming which WFM has championed since the 80's, meat with less processing and additives, and higher protein snack bars that incorporate animal protein into them (I am a huge EPIC bar fan).

My favorite trend that Whole Foods named for 2016 is the culture craze, fermented foods and probiotics! We love probiotics in our house and look for alternative ways to keep them on our plate without the default yogurt. Having a few local companies that produce cultured foods such as sauerkraut and beets make my job much easier. Remember they are living foods, so be sure to keep them refrigerated! If you haven't tried them yet, I highly recommend them. Just look at the beautiful variety below:

Disclaimer, I was compensated by Whole Foods Market as a WFM Ambassador for this post! Content including photos is purely at my discretion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!