Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Tuesdays In The Canyon

On Tuesdays, I've found myself in a canyon where I would hike daily years ago, like pre-kids years ago, like goofy black lab joining me on hikes years ago. Memories and roots were established in the dirt of these mountains. Rolling hills, sweeping vistas, craggy rocks, climb, descend, wind back around, my feet just follow the path. For a moment, I stopped to take in the clouds covering the sun with whispers of rays poking through. How spectacular is this I thought, like I've never been here hundreds of times before. What's old is new, the timeless adage rings true. The mountains hold me in a way I need, my breath fills me, and my heart knows I will be okay...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!