To Be Quite Honest...
In the past week or so, I was given this blog award twice. I graciously accepted the award from PiscesHanna who is a fellow blogger from Colorado, although she lives like 10 hours away from me! Colorado is a big state in case you didn't know it. Then ADKmama also passed the award onto me. Now she lives in the Adirondacks of New York, where I lived for two years. I love the 'Dacks and will always have a special place for them in my heart!
The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardees must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.
So now here's my list of 10 Honest Things:
1. One of my favorite indulgences is dip and chips, Ranch Party Dip and any potato chip will do. My hubby hates when I eat it because Hidden Valley Ranch uses msg. But the organic kind just doesn't taste the same. I indulge like three times a year.
2. Sometimes I think about walking away from blogging.
3. Even though I am chatty and outgoing, I really don't like big parties with lots of strangers.
4. I'm a meat snob, I buy all my meat at Whole Foods. I blame 10 years of being a vegetarian, if I can't eat humanely raised meat, I'd rather not eat any meat at all. WF's meat quality standards.
5. I really wanted to visit New York this summer and I'm not sure if it's going to happen. I hate flying, but I miss my family more. Please airlines give us a fare break before school starts.
6. I miss painting.
7. I once had a dream that I won the lottery, I woke up and wrote down the numbers. Occasionally I play those numbers.
8. I love being a mother, but I don't let it exclusively define me.
9. I desperately want new furniture, but I'm not willing to go into debt for it. I browse the web searching for dream couches, dining room tables, and accent pieces. My television is from like 1994 and in some ways I don't care, but when I do get new furniture the shit box is going.
10. I don't shower everyday and it doesn't bother me one bit.
Now it's time for me to pass this Honest Scrap along to some bloggers that I adore.
Jen writes Never a Dull Moment, she was one of the first blogs I had the courage to comment on and turns out she lives like 5 miles away.
Connie writes a few blogs, but the one I do best at keeping up with is The Young and The Relentless. She lives in Utah but we've met IRL (in real life) a couple of times and I just adore her. I'm hoping her hubby will help me create a naughty iPhone application and we can retire off the royalties.
Kirsten writes The Norwindians and is currently undergoing a major house renovation, I love living vicariously thorough her blog (I dream of tearing walls down in my house), although there is no demo crew at my place and I'm not residing in a mauve rental.
Lisa is my Texan blogging friend and she writes Very Busy Mom With 4. I am a total Yankee at heart and to be honest Texas kind of scares me, but Lisa has a way of making me feel like Texas really is not that big and scary. Maybe even in the fall I'll visit Texas with two of my close friends. Eek.
Lastly I am passing this award onto Issas Crazy World because she writes what she feels, her blog is a place where she is open and honest. Another cool fact about her, she's speaking at the community keynote at BlogHer and she totally deserves it. I have her to thank for being addicted to Scrabble on FB.